Awesome sauce. Sounds like everything is one notch better. I'm always impressed by your steady progress, and by this beautiful thing you're making.
Changelog (all platforms) — November 23, 2020
For version 0.7.4:
- Added modulatory synapse type — it increases/decreases the effect of OTHER nearby synapses.
- Added creature autosave — if desktop crashes/closes in a strange way, the game will auto-load the last creature when you open it back up.
- Added channel detail panel — shift+click a channel to see the rules that govern it. Can also change ion concentrations in the cell.
- Added cell recorder — enable it through the options menu to record up to 30 seconds of cell activities to a .csv file.
- New save/load screen, including a confirmation window for overwriting local creatures.
- Ganglia can send connections between each other as described here.
- Fixed online save/load by moving from my janky personal server to google cloud storage. I had to re-save all creatures so some got purged, but I saved as many as I could.
- Fixed saving locally on mac. Now saves creatures and logs to /<user>/Documents/CrescentLoom/
- Reduced draw calls for neuron detail panel by chunking them. There may be a little bit of jitter on the edges, but it's way faster.
- Added rainbow color to the palette. Body parts and lights can now rotate through the spectrum.
- Made controls cheatsheet, accessible through the menu.
- Added small amount of jitter to pacemaker neurons to allow them to drift out of sync.
- Gave all cells 3-letter words as IDs (e.g. "JAM" or "GAY") for the ganglion connection menu.
- Can change options while ingame via the hamburger menu.
- Click+drag the background to move camera (rather than needing to use WASD).
- Did a refactoring pass to hopefully improve the lag problems.
- Hold ctrl while dragging a part to lock it in place and modify angle instead.
- Added harpoon body part.
- Eyes have slider values for range, arc, and sensitivity.
- Made delay neuron more reliable.
- HTML5 can load a number of shipped creatures “from disc” while offline. (still can’t save locally tho)
- Undo undoes an entire muscle instead of one segment at a time.
crescent-loom-linux-beta.zip 27 MB
Version 8 Nov 23, 2020
crescent-loom-html5.zip 26 MB
Version 24 Nov 23, 2020
crescent-loom-windows-beta.zip 30 MB
Version 34 Nov 23, 2020
crescent-loom-osx-beta.zip 29 MB
Version 12 Nov 23, 2020